Cost: None, unless you buy a premium font.
Fonts are an important aspect of your website design. In principle, use fonts which are easy to read unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise (for example, using a font related to logo or brand).
- Use a “responsive” font. Which holds an implementation for all font-weights (thin, light, regular, medium, bold, black)
- Use the same font for headers and text but alternate opacity or font-weight (see point 1)
- Never use full black (#000000) on text but black with opacity or real dark grey (same goes for full white for dark sites)
- Use a font without serif for better screen readability, or use serif fonts on logo’s or large leaders
- Screw up the contrast and darkness of your screen and test the readability.
Back to the JFDI WordPress page.